Fennel seeds come from the fennel herb; it resembles the cumin seeds, only a bit sweeter and slightly flavoured like the star anise. It has been revered as one of the 9 Anglo-Saxon sacred herbs for its benefits for body and skin. It is more commonly grown in Mediterranean regions and also in some of the parts of Europe all through the year.
Following are the most known health benefits of the Fennel seeds:
- Fennel seeds are a very rich source of fiber. A mere 100 grams of fennel seeds can provide as much as up to 39 grams of total dietary fiber. This is a boon for human digestive system, as so much soluble roughage eases constipation and bloated stomach.
- Moreover, dietary fibers bind to bile salts (produced from cholesterol) and thus depletes their rate of re-absorption in the colon; helping in lowering the LDL cholesterol levels.
- Fennel seeds are rich in flavonoids, an anti-oxidant. Fiber content of fennel seeds teams up with flavonoids and protects the mucus membrane of the colon from cancer.
- Fennel seeds are mainly a blend of many volatile essential natural oils likes anethole, limonene, pinene, anisic aldehyde, chavicol and fenchone. These oils are known to have anti-oxidants, digestive, carminative and anti flatulence properties.
- Fennel seeds are power packed with anti-oxidants like kaempferol and quercetin. These help in removing the harmful free radicals from our system, thus protecting the body from various cancers, infections, aging and degenerative neurological diseases.
- The fennel seeds are also storehouses of important vitamins vital for the body like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and B complex vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin and niacin which have individually known to be super beneficial for the health and skin. It also helps in building up the immunity.
- Fennel seeds is also known as a natural blood purifier, thus giving your health blood full of oxygen and skin that glow you always dreamt of.
Fennel seeds are a versatile edible food that has so many benefits that many colon cleansing products are also incorporating fennel seeds into their product. Pure Colon Detox is one such product that has fennel seeds as an active ingredient. Pure Colon Detox assists in gently cleansing the colon with many happy users.